Waxing Aftercare Advice
- Moisturize your skin daily after your waxing treatment with a tea tree oil lotion available at Allure Skin.
- Avoid sun/solarium exposure for 48 hours before and after being waxed.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, spas and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- No hot baths, hot showers directly before and after a wax.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or the beach for 24 hours after waxing treatment
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Exfoliate 2-3 times a week in the shower with tea tree body wash. The best time to start is 72-hours after your wax.
- Avoid applying deodorant for the first 24 hours after waxing treatment.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
It is recommended your waxing treatments be scheduled between 4-6 weeks; however, this varies for everyone. And will discuss the duration required for your waxing treatments to maintain silky smooth skin.
Spray Tan Aftercare Advice
- Waxing or shaving 8 to 24 hours before spray tan.
- Wash your body with exfoliates before spray tan.
- Wear loose and dark clothes to your spray tanning. Also, wear loose shoes or slippers.
- We recommend no bra after the spray tan.
- If you have an appointment for a manicure or pedicure, keep it before your spray tan.
- No deodorant, lotions or perfumes both before and right after the spray tan.
- Do not apply a moisturizer or body butter before the spray tan.
- Do not shower for at least 6 to 8 hours after the spray tan. Depends on the tan.
- Shower with warm water and use a gentle body wash.
- The bronzer will run out in a shower. Pat yourself dry with a towel.
- Avoid activities that will make you sweat as sweating creates streaks in the tan.
- Avoiding chlorinated swimming pools that easily react with the tanning solution and cause an uneven fade.
- Moisturising the skin daily will help make the tan last longer, as well as help it to fade evenly.
Microdermabrasion Aftercare Advice
- SPF 30+ must be worn daily for one month afterward. Microdermabrasion removes the top protective layer of skin cells, so extra protection is necessary for one month post.
- Do not use exfoliation products i.e. AHA’s, Glycolic & Retin A products for 12 hours post peel
- No exposure to sunbeds for one month post-treatment
- No Heat treatments permitted for 48hrs afterward i.e. sauna, steam room, hot showers, facial waxing
- No makeup application permitted for 48hrs afterward, with the exception of a mineral makeup which can be applied immediately after.
- No Shaving the face for 48 hours after
- No perfumes/aftershaves for 48hrs after
- The skin may be red for a short while afterward.
- Any impurities under the skin will come to the surface within a short time after the treatment, so a breakout is a good sign of the skin clearing impurities from within.
- In the rare event that you incur scratches on your skin, post microdermabrasion, apply aloe vera to soothe the skin. The scratches will take about one week to heal.
- Blocked pores/blackhead’s: For clients with blocked pores, a course of 6 microdermabrasion treatments are recommended weekly. Glycolic products should be used at home nightly to keep pores clean & to maintain the results of the peel i.e. Even Skin Tone Serum
- Pigmentation: For clients with Pigmentation, use of a daily brightening product is recommended i.e. Ultra Diminishing Complex
- Anti-age: those clients having the peel for anti-age purposes, daily application of Vitamin C serum is necessary for collagen growth i.e. Ultra C10 Firming Serum